The warm aroma of cinnamon and brown sugar helps Terri McKitrick wake her family in Delafield, Wisconsin. Convenient toast sticks topped with granola, banana and whipped cream carry them through busy autumn days.
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12.7 ounces) frozen French toast sticks
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup granola without raisins
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the cream, brown sugar, butter, cherries and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Prepare French toast sticks according to package directions. Serve with banana, granola and syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Granola French Toast Sticks in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p47
Reviews for Cherry-Granola French Toast Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review