- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and grease well; set aside. Punch
- dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Spread cherries
- over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the flour, brown
- sugar and pecans; sprinkle over cherries.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams and
- tuck ends under. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheets;
- pinch ends together to form a ring. With kitchen scissors, cut from
- outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in.
- intervals. Separate strips slightly and twist to allow filling to
- show. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough
- milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm coffee cakes.
- Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 223 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.