Cherry-Glazed Roast Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, juice, corn syrup, spices and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Pour 1/2 cup sauce over roast. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Scrape up browned bits and pan drippings; add to remaining sauce. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cherry-Glazed Roast Pork
Sort By :
So good! I too, had to bake longer.
Soooo good! I too, had to bake longer.
This recipe was very good. However, my pork was no where near cooked after 50 minutes. It was way longer than that.