“My tangy, glazed tenderloin is so simple to prepare. I serve it with roasted sweet potatoes and apples, a salad and French bread for a festive Sunday dinner.” —Sandra Kennedy, Atlanta, Texas
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 cup cherry juice blend
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherry juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place tenderloins on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup glaze for serving. Spoon half of the remaining glaze over pork.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved glaze. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Glazed Pork Tenderloin in Country Woman December/January 2009, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cherry-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2014
"Best recipe on this website so far! We used real cherries and a splash lime juice. Definitely will eat again!"