Cherry-Glazed Lamb Chops
An elegant, deep brown reduction sauce studded with bits of cherry makes this entree ideal for a quiet dinner with that special someone. —KERRY DINGWALL,
PONTE VEDRA, FLORIDA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 New Zealand lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Combine rosemary, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; rub over lamb chops.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops over medium
- heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add garlic to the pan; cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth, preserves,
- vinegar and remaining pepper; cook for 2-4 minutes or until
- thickened. Return chops to pan; turn to coat. Sprinkle with
- additional dried rosemary if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 lamb chops with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 331 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.