Cherry-Glazed Lamb Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Combine rosemary, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; rub over lamb chops. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add garlic to the pan; cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth, preserves, vinegar and remaining pepper; cook for 2-4 minutes or until thickened. Return chops to pan; turn to coat. Sprinkle with additional dried rosemary if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 lamb chops with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 331 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.