Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans
What started out as a way to use up some leftover preserves and cheese turned out to be a family winner dinner that I now make time and again. —Keri Cotton, Lakeville, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7-in.
- baking dish. Top with preserves; sprinkle with onion powder. Bake,
- uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 354 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.