Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with preserves; sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 2. Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half : 354 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans
"This recipe is a keeper. Made some changes of my own that I believe were a real improvement. I dipped chicken pieces in milk then bread crumbs with the onion powder added, then browned in oil in a fry pan before putting in my baking dish. At this point I followed the recipe. And, I used more fontina cheese since my chicken breasts were larger than 4 ounces each and I did not think 2 ounces for enough for cheese lovers."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.