Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with preserves; sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- 2. Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 354 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.