What started out as a way to use up some leftover preserves and cheese turned out to be a family winner dinner that I now make time and again. —Keri Cotton, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with preserves; sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cherry-Glazed Chicken with Toasted Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review