When I was growing up, this yummy, easy-to-make dessert was always on the menu at holiday get-togethers. Years ago, my aunt gave me the recipe, and now when I make it for my family, I think of her. —Janice Rathgeb Brighton, Illinois
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in cherry gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling. Pour into an 11x7-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Stir in lemon gelatin until dissolved. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat in lemon gelatin and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Fold in the marshmallows and whipped cream. Spoon over cherry layer; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Gelatin Supreme in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p37
Reviews for Cherry Gelatin Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review