Cherry Gelatin Squares Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/4 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pie filling and mix well. Slowly stir in soda (mixture will foam).
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 68 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cherry Gelatin Squares
"I make this often. To change things up, I sometimes switch to peach pie filling and either peach or orange jello."
"Simple and tasty. I have made this many times."