Cherry Gelatin Squares Recipe
"I like to take advantage of gelatin mixes and pie fillings to make colorful salads that can be prepared the day before you need them," remarks Chris Rentmeister from Ripon, Wisconsin. "These fruity squares are great for everyday suppers yet special enough for company."
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/4 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pie filling and mix well. Slowly stir in soda (mixture will foam).
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 68 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cherry Gelatin Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC