This pretty, molded salad was always on my birthday menu. I love the chunks of banana, the cherry flavor and the festive red color. It's ideal for holiday menus. —Joann Jensen (daughter), Lowell, Indiana
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additonal sliced banana and chopped pecans, optional
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. In a small saucepan, bring mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in cold water and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 40 minutes. Fold in the bananas, pecans and cherries. Transfer to a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with additional banana and pecans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p65
Reviews for Cherry Gelatin Salad with Bananas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review