- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additonal sliced banana and chopped pecans, optional
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. In a small saucepan, bring mixture to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in cold water and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 40 minutes. Fold in the bananas, pecans and cherries. Transfer to a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with additional banana and pecans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Gelatin Salad with Bananas
Sort By :
"I made this last week for Thanksgiving and it was great. However, I think it is missing 1 cup of water. When I made it, I boiled the 1 cup of juice/water as directed. When you make gelatin, you need to add a 2nd cup of cold water after adding the gelatin. I did this and it set up perfectly."