Cherry Gelatin Fruit Salad
In her Memphis, Tennessee home, Margaret McNeil jazzes up cherry gelatin with three pantry staples to create this sweet sensation. The no-fuss salad can be assembled in just 10 minutes. Then, let it firm up in the refrigerator.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a large saucepan, bring applesauce to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Slowly add soda and
- pineapple. Pour into a 1-1/2 qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until
- firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.