Cherry Gelatin Flowers
Our Test Kitchen had fun creating these jolly gelatin jigglers—but not as much fun as your kids are likely to have helping to make them! Best of all, you can vary the cookie-cutout shapes (and gelatin flavors) to suit a year of seasonal holidays—from Halloween to Valentine’s Day.
12-18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups white grape juice
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- Seedless red or green grapes, halved, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring grape juice to a boil. Place gelatin in a
- bowl; stir in juice until dissolved. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish
- coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set.
- Using cookie cutters, cut gelatin into flower shapes. Place a grape
- half in the center of each flower if desired. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 38 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.