- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in small
- saucepan. Add juices, cherries and butter. Bring to a boil; boil
- and stir for 1 minute. Chill.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-in. thickness; cut
- with a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Place half of the cookies on greased baking sheets; spoon 1/2
- teaspoon filling in the center of each. Use a 1-1/2-in.
- heart-shaped cutter to cut small hearts out of the other half of the
- cookies. (Bake small heart cutouts separately.) Place the remaining
- hearts over filled cookies; press edges together gently. Fill
- centers with additional filling if needed. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen filled cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.