Cherry-Filled Cookies Recipe
This luscious cherry filling peeking out of these rounds is just a hint of how scrumptious they are. Using a doughnut cutter to shape each cookie top really speeds up the process.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-3/4-in. round cutter. Place half of the circles 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; top each with a heaping teaspoon of pie filling. Cut holes in the center of remaining circles with a 1-in. round cutter; place over filled circles. Seal edges.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 253 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Filled Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC