Cherry Dumplings Recipe
This is my mom's recipe, and I'm happy to share it. The dumplings are out of this world, and they complement the tart cherries.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cherries with juice, 3/4 cup sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, lemon peel, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in milk and butter just until moistened.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering cherry mixture. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 216 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Dumplings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC