- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Poke holes in cake with a meat fork or wooden skewer; gradually pour gelatin over cake. Cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over cake. Top with the pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Dream Cake
Sort By :
"This cake is excellent pretty and easy! Will be making again!"
"I've tried similar recipes, but none called for the cherry gelatin. I thought the jello added a welcomed tartness to balance out the sweetness from the cake and whipped topping mixture."
"This was very pretty I made it for Christmas. The taste was a little sweet for me but the kids loved it. Would make again."
"Great christmas cake.I'll be making this."
"Perfect!!!!! This cake is gorgeous and easy to make! I've taken it to several occasions and there isn't any left over! Great presentation and great cake!"