- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool cake on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Poke holes in cake with a meat fork or wooden skewer; gradually pour gelatin over cake. Cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over cake. Top with the pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Dream Cake
Sort By :
"This is good, but my topping didn't turn out as pretty as I thought it should have. I need to beat the cream cheese a little more, I think. Good, simple recipe."
"Love it:) It is such a refreshing dessert and easy to make! My family loves it! I make my own homemade whipped topping:) Yum!"
"I thought this was just OK. I would prefer a white cake with icing or a cherry cheesecake. Combining these ingredients didn't do it for me."
"This cake is wonderful. Have made it many times. My husband is always happy when I make it for him. Thank you for sharing."
"This cake is excellent pretty and easy! Will be making again!"