- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Spoon pie filling over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Delight Dessert
"I have been looking for a dessert from the 70's, this seems to be it except that crushed Club Crackers were used instead of the graham cracker crust. I am going to try the recipe with the Club Cracker substitution and see if this is the one I was looking for. The recipe also called for Dream Whip as aulait stated."
"I used blueberry pie filling and it is really delicious."
"My Hunny enjoys this dessert very much!Originally was made w/"Dream Whip" by His Dear Mother.May be less in hydrogenated fats than other "whipped creams"."
"Made this for father's day. Everyone loved it. I have a spouse that loves his dessert every evening. Making this he won't get bored with it before he eats it all !!!!"
"This was delsious"
"My husband and I love this light and sweet dessert! We may even prefer it to regular cheesecake!"