Cherry Date Cookies
You can fix these chewy old-fashioned drop cookies with five ingredients. "I received this recipe from a friend more than 40 years ago and have made these cookies every Christmas since," writes Charlotte Moore of Parkersburg, West Virginia. Topped with a cherry half, each fruitcake-like bite costs just 16 cents.
26 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 27 squares)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 27 red or green maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and milk; let stand for 10
- minutes. Stir in dates and walnuts (mixture will be very thick).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top
- each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until
- set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 186 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.