You can fix these chewy old-fashioned drop cookies with five ingredients. "I received this recipe from a friend more than 40 years ago and have made these cookies every Christmas since," writes Charlotte Moore of Parkersburg, West Virginia. Topped with a cherry half, each fruitcake-like bite costs just 16 cents.
Recommended: 20 Recipes for Your Christmas Cookie Swap
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 27 squares)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 27 red or green maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in dates and walnuts (mixture will be very thick).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Date Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p11
Reviews for Cherry Date Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review