These delightful Danish from Margaret McNeil are so quick to fix, you don't even have to uncoil the refrigerated breadsticks. "We prefer them with cherry pie filling, but you can use peach or blueberry instead," suggests the Germantown, Tennessee cook.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Separate each tube of breadsticks into six sections but leave coiled.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush
- generously with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Make an indentation in the top of each coil; fill with about 1
- tablespoon of pie filling. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Combine confectioners' sugar and water; drizzle
- over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.