- Punch dough down. On a large floured surface, roll dough out to a
- 24-in. x 16-in. rectangle. Dot half of the dough with 1/4 cup of
- shortening; fold dough lengthwise. Fold the dough three times
- lengthwise, then two times widthwise, each time dotting with some of
- the remaining shortening. Place dough in a greased bowl; cover and
- let rise 20 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 15-in. rectangle.
- Cut into 8-in. x 3/4-in. strips, coil into a spiral shape, tucking
- end underneath the coil. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 1 hour.
- Beat remaining egg. Make a depression in the center of each roll;
- brush with egg. Fill with 1 tablespoon of pie filling. Bake at
- 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire
- rack. Combine the first three glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 40 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 danish equals 137 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.