Cherry Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large saucepan, whisk eggs, sugar and milk until combined. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool. Beat in the pudding mix, cream, vanilla and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Stir pie filling into cream mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 4. After removing from ice cream freezer, stir a portion of oat mixture into each batch. Transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 405 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Cherry Crunch Ice Cream
"Amazing! Definitely a bit time consuming, but well worth the effort!"