These crispy cookies provide a nice change of pace from the traditional chocolate chip, sugar and peanut butter cookies. The cornflakes give them a tasty coating.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 30 to 34 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, dates and chopped cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; press a cherry half into center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Crunch Cookies in Country December/January 2002, p49
Reviews for Cherry Crunch Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review