Cherry Crunch Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 30 to 34 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, dates and chopped cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; press a cherry half into center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cherry Crunch Cookies(1)
Sort By :
These cookies are long-time favorites. I have made them with and without the dates, and I've also substituted other flaky cereals for the cornflakes. Whichever way they are made, they seem to tickle cookie fanciers and even those who aren't so crazy about cookies.