Cherry Crumb Dessert Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Spread pie filling over crust. Combine the walnuts with reserved crumbs; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Crumb Dessert
Sort By :
"This recipe has been in my mom's cookbook for 20 years! She clipped the recipe out of the newspaper, taped it toher book with a note that says "great, easy receipt!". During the cold months she makes it using apple pie filling and during the warm months cherry. Also, a great dessert to make when out of eggs. As Dawn Lowenstein mentions, try different variations, you won't be disappointed!"
"We used to call this Fruit Magic when Mom made it back in the 70's when I was little. So yummy we often asked for it instead of birthday cake."
"This was so easy to put together! We look forward to the next time I make it."
"I add 1 tsp. of vanilla to white and yellow cake mixes to take away the cakebox flavor. Hope this will help others to be happier when they need to use a box mix."
"I have used this recipe with other pie fillings besides cherry or blueberry! I've used blackberry, strawberry, lemon, raspberry & apple pie filling. To the apple pie filling, I add 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon & 1/4 tsp. nutmeg & 1 Tbsp. lemon juice(MAY use either ReaLemon bottled lemon juice 0R fresh squeezed lemon juice.I also add about 1 cup raisins, with 1/2 to 1 cup boiling water to plump them up, then I let the raisins sit 20 minutes & drain off the water before adding to apple pie filling!I'd meant to say I'd ALSO used different flavors of pie fillings! Dawn E. Lowenstein"