Cherry Crumb Dessert
This dessert is a sweet treat, especially when garnished with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream! The crust and crumb topping have a wonderful nutty flavor, and the smooth fruit filling looks beautiful when served. Ann Eastman
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Set aside 1
- cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up
- the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Spread pie filling over crust. Combine the walnuts with reserved
- crumbs; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.