Cherry Crumb Dessert Recipe
This dessert is a sweet treat, especially when garnished with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream! The crust and crumb topping have a wonderful nutty flavor, and the smooth fruit filling looks beautiful when served. —Ann Eastman Greenville, California
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Spread pie filling over crust. Combine the walnuts with reserved crumbs; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC