These light flaky pastries are so easy to make, and they always get raves at our house. The festive cherry filling suits the season, but you can substitute other flavors.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolk and sour cream; add to
- crumb mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours or
- Coarsely chop cherries in the pie filling; place in a small bowl.
- Stir in extract; set aside. Divide dough into quarters. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut each
- circle into 12 wedges.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling at the wide end. Roll up from wide end and
- place point side down 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve
- ends to form crescent shape.
- Bake at 375° for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners'
- sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.