These light flaky pastries are so easy to make, and they always get raves at our house. The festive cherry filling suits the season, but you can substitute other flavors.
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolk and sour cream; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Coarsely chop cherries in the pie filling; place in a small bowl. Stir in extract; set aside. Divide dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling at the wide end. Roll up from wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescent shape.
- Bake at 375° for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Crescents in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p14
Reviews for Cherry Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review