- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolk and sour cream; add to crumb mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Coarsely chop cherries in the pie filling; place in a small bowl. Stir in extract; set aside. Divide dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling at the wide end. Roll up from wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescent shape.
- Bake at 375° for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Crescents in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p14
Reviews for Cherry Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review