Cherry Crescent Coffee Cake Recipe
A can of pie filling and a few tubes of crescent rolls help me assemble this sweet treat. It's the perfect addition to hot cups of coffee and good conversation.Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla just until combined; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Set four triangles aside. Place remaining triangles on a greased 14-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with wide ends facing outer edge of pan and pointed ends toward the center; leave a 3-in. hole in the center. Lightly press seams together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with pie filling to within 1/2 in. of cream cheese edges. Cut reserved triangles into thirds, starting at the wide end and ending at the point. Arrange over pie filling with points facing outer edge of pan, forming spokes. Press ends at center and outer edges to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Combine remaining confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Crescent Coffee Cake in Country Woman March/April 2005, p35
Reviews for Cherry Crescent Coffee Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2012
I have made this several times now and the last time I used apple pie filling instead of cherry. Both are very delicious. Every time I've made it I'm asked to share the recipe.