Not only is this dessert cool and creamy, it's a conversation piece when presented in a punch bowl!—Juanita Davis, Martin, Tennessee
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cartons (16 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes; place a third of the cubes in an 8-qt. punch bowl. Top with a third of the pie filling, pineapple, pudding, whipped topping and pecans; repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 25-30 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Trifle in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p209
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2014
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2012
"Easy to make. Everyone loved it."