When you set this gorgeous dessert on the table, your guests will sing your praises. You're the only one who has to know how simple it is to prepare. -Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons white grape or apple juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Toasted sliced almonds and additional whipped cream, optional
- Split ladyfingers lengthwise; brush with juice. Place a layer of ladyfingers around the sides and over the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon extract. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream. Spread half over crust.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers in a spoke-like fashion. Spread evenly with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill overnight.
- Combine the pie filling and remaining extract; spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. to serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with almonds and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Torte in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review