Cherry Cream Tarts Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Combine the flour and confectioners’ sugar; add to creamed mixture and beat until a soft dough forms. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased 2-in. tart pans or miniature muffin cups.
- 2. If using tart pans, place on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add whipped topping; beat until smooth. Pipe into tart shells. Top each with a cherry piece. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
2 tarts (calculated without cherries) equals 223 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Tarts
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.