Cherry Cream Tarts Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites. It can be made for holidays, wedding receptions...or anytime a special dessert is needed. Michelle Mirich, Youngstown, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Combine the flour and confectioners’ sugar; add to creamed mixture and beat until a soft dough forms. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased 2-in. tart pans or miniature muffin cups.
- If using tart pans, place on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add whipped topping; beat until smooth. Pipe into tart shells. Top each with a cherry piece. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p76
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cherry Pie Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pie Baking >