- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Combine the flour and confectioners’ sugar; add to creamed mixture and beat until a soft dough forms. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased 2-in. tart pans or miniature muffin cups.
- If using tart pans, place on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add whipped topping; beat until smooth. Pipe into tart shells. Top each with a cherry piece. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p76
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
"I made these for a MOPS brunch. Everyone liked them and one person asked for the recipe. Anytime I get asked for a recipe is a win in my book."