In Northampton, Pennsylvania, Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn creates this cake by covering store-bought ice cream sandwiches with cherry pie filling and more.
- 10 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate sprinkles, optional
- Arrange ice cream sandwiches in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Top with pie filling, whipped topping and chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Sensation in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p15
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Sensation
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2009
"This is a fantastic fake-out! I made it for our card club, and everyone was surprised by what it was, and how easy to make."