- minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in the side of each
- puff to allow steam to escape. Carefully cut ring in half
- horizontally and set top aside; remove soft dough from inside with a
- fork. Cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and 1/4
- teaspoon extract for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until
- Just before serving, place bottom of cream puff ring on a serving
- plate. Fill with pudding mixture. In a small bowl, beat the cream,
- confectioners' sugar and remaining extract until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pudding. Top with pie filling. Replace cream puff ring
- top. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 264 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.