Cherry Cream Parfaits
"Cherry Cream Parfaits are lovely and special desserts that look fussy but are really easy to fix," assures Jeanette Mack of Rushville, New York. "I've also made them using other pie fillings like strawberry, raspberry and blueberry."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- In a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the
- sugar, vanilla and salt; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour
- Set aside six cherries from pie filling. Spoon half of the remaining
- pie filling into parfaits glasses; top with half of the cream
- mixture. Repeat layers. Top with reserved cherries. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.