Cherry Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping and cherries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple. Stir in pie filling and pecans. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into individual dessert dishes. Garnish each with additional whipped topping and a cherry if desired. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 296 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cream Dessert
"I am a little disappointed--thought this would be sweeter considering the ingredients. I will make this again and add 1/4 cup sugar with the cream cheese."
"My whole family loves this. My kids get so excited when I make it! So quick and easy."
"I didn't really care for it. I love cherries, but the pineapple ruined it for me."
"did not like, did not go over good at potluck either"
"Meh - it was okay, nothing special. I am not a pudding or Jello type of food eater, though - I just needed something MORE to go along with it."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.