Cherry-Cream Crumble Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cherries, sour cream, egg and extract. Spoon into the pastry shell. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 2. For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of crust to prevent overbrowning.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 463 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.