- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cherries, sour cream, egg and extract. Spoon into the pastry shell. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of crust to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry-Cream Crumble Pie
Sort By :
"Great pie! I used frozen cherries from my tree. About 3 cups and 2/3 c. sugar. I used at least 1 tsp of almond extract and an extra Tbs of flour because I included cherry juices. I also used slivered almonds not pecans in topping. I will for sure make it again!!!"
"I made this pie for Thanksgiving, and it was the family favorite! I used pitted pie cherries that I had canned (two jars)."