You'll need refrigerated crescent dough and just four more ingredients to assemble these fruity filled rolls from Elouise Bullion of Kingsville, Texas. "My family and friends love them," she notes. "I never have any left over."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk. Separate dough into 16 triangles; place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture near the edge of the short side of each triangle. Top with 1 tablespoon pie filling. Fold long point of triangle over filling and tuck under dough. Lightly beat egg white; brush over rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Crescents in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p48
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review