My mom is known for her scrumptious desserts. This easy-to-make pie is one she has served often. It's one of my favorite desserts anytime of year. I love the combination of cream cheese and cherry pie filling. -Cindy Kufeldt, Orlando, Florida
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add butter; stir until combined. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Pour pie filling into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Carefully spread around outside edges of pie, leaving a 3-in. circle of cherries exposed in the center.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cheese Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review