Cherry Cream Cheese Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries, quartered
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the eggs and sugar. Gradually add 1-3/4 cups cream. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the egg mixture. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and remaining cream. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Stir in cherries. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cream Cheese Ice Cream
"This was very easy and the cream cheese gave it a wonderful flavor."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.