- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup crumb mixture. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to remaining crumb mixture. Stir in the egg, sour cream and almond extract until blended. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with removable bottom.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 1 minute. Add egg; beat just until combined. Spread over crust. Carefully top with pie filling. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
"Delicious, moist coffee cake. I added a little more almond extract but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The presentation is very nice; people thought I had bought it from a bakery!"
"This same recipe is in Taste of Home December 2015 called Cherry Almond Coffee Cake with the variation of 2 1/2 c. of flour instead of 2 1/4 (maybe makes the dough less sticky?) and cherry preserves instead of cherry pie filling. I used a berry "fruit spread" which probably has less sugar, and it was delicious, although I then kind of wished for a bit of confectioner's sugar glaze, ha! I was searching for the Cherry Almond Coffee Cake to add to my recipe box, and this one came up instead."
"Have made this several times. It is delicious. I got it from my Taste of Home magazine a few years ago."
"This is one of my family?s favorite coffee cakes. I have made it several times for family gatherings. Everyone that has tried it, loves it. I also used blueberry filling and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing."
"I used pecans instead of almonds and baked this in a 13 x 9 pan. Tasty, and not too hard. I would use brown sugar in the topping next time."
"It is a fantastic cake. I made it for a party and every time they have a get together,they only want me to make this cake. I misplaced the recipe and I wanted to look for it again ,but to my surprise ,I just saw it on Facebook."
"this is amazing. i made it for my birthday, instead of a frosted cake. i pared it with a nutty ice cream and it was great. i was a little unsure at first because i don't typically like cherry pie filling but, i was very pleased with how good it was in this. next time i think peaches or apples would be good... I'll have to try it and write another review."
"our family asks for this cheese coffee cake often its very good"
"This cake is EXCELLENT. Easy to make, lots of flavour - a keeper recipe. I served it w/ some whipped cream on the side and our dinner guests absolutely loved it!"