Cherry Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, butter and brown sugar. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Set aside 1 cup of crumbs. While warm, press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9-in. pie plate, firmly pressing onto the bottom and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Gently fold whipped cream into the pie filling; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 547 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Cream Pie
"Is the filling for a pie or the 9X13 pan in the first paragraph of directions?"
"I didn't make the crust (allergies) so used a package Graham cracker crust. Used vanilla extract (allergies) and 1/2 tub cool whip (lazy). Delicious. Would like more cheese layer."
"Very good! Although I thought it could have used a little more of the cream cheese layer for the amount of cherry layer. Loved the crust!"