Cherry Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, butter and brown sugar. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Set aside 1 cup of crumbs. While warm, press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9-in. pie plate, firmly pressing onto the bottom and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Gently fold whipped cream into the pie filling; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 547 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cream Pie
"I didn't make the crust (allergies) so used a package Graham cracker crust. Used vanilla extract (allergies) and 1/2 tub cool whip (lazy). Delicious. Would like more cheese layer."
"Very good! Although I thought it could have used a little more of the cream cheese layer for the amount of cherry layer. Loved the crust!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.