Cherry Cranberry Sauce
My mother-in-law makes this super-easy sauce every Thanksgiving. Cherries give tart cranberries a slightly sweet flavor. I serve it alongside turkey, pork and ham.
14 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sugar and water over medium heat until
- sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries and cherries. Bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered, until cranberries begin to pop, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat; cook 20 minutes longer or until thickened. Pour into a
- serving dish. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 3-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 118 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.