Cherry Cranberry Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 159 calories, 5g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cherry Cranberry Chutney
"I didn't have dried cherries on hand, so used dried cranberries. They worked just fine and the combination of flavors was very nice. The toasted walnuts are an inspired touch. Will definitely be making this again!"