I found this recipe in a cookbook compiled by a friend’s quilting group. Try it with chicken—but don’t stop there. It’s good with turkey, ham, pork and venison, too.
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Cranberry Chutney in Country October/November 2007, p49
Reviews for Cherry Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review