- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until celery is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Cranberry Chutney in Country October/November 2007, p49
Reviews for Cherry Cranberry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2013
"I didn't have dried cherries on hand, so used dried cranberries. They worked just fine and the combination of flavors was very nice. The toasted walnuts are an inspired touch. Will definitely be making this again!"