- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 dark chocolate-covered cherries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around sides of pan; remove from heat. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until blended but not foamy. Slowly stir in hot cream. Stir in vanilla.
- Place eight 6-oz. broiler-safe ramekins in a baking pan large enough to hold them without touching. Place a cherry in each ramekin. Pour egg mixture over cherries. Place pan on oven rack; add very hot water to pan to within 1/2 in. of top of ramekins. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean; centers will still be soft. Immediately remove ramekins from water bath to a wire rack; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining sugar. To caramelize topping with a kitchen torch, sprinkle custards evenly with sugar mixture. Hold torch flame about 2 in. above custard surface and rotate it slowly until sugar is evenly caramelized. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- To caramelize topping in a broiler, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle custards evenly with sugar mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cordial Creme Brulee in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p79
Reviews for Cherry Cordial Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review